Sunday, September 14, 2008

Screw the spriters, I have skill!

Like this one better?
I lied. Meet Mikome, the main character of Jade Elegy. She's not complete yet, but I just started spriting her today. This is what she currently looks like(Paint only so far, Photoshop is the next step).



I should also say sorry for not updating earlier, but I was too busy washing the cat.
Here is a bigger version of her.

Mikome is the least popular girl in her school, and when she and Taka(The most popular girl in school) gets teleported to another world, her guardian angel teaches her to fend for herself with her harp. After she learns how to use the harp, she looks like this.

I know, it's not very good, this is my first sprite.

All of the characters will be sprites, my next will be Taka, then I will probably work on Julian.

Either way, from here on in, I promise to update once every day, or at least once every two days.

Once her and Taka are done, I can probably get a teaser demo up, though I still do need to finish the tilesets. They're coming along decent so far, but I really don't like this new Photoshops interface.

The story is still incomplete, but I can promise you, this time, it is MUCH more original, and the plans for the battle system are going to be good news for FFX fans.

Well, I can't give too much away yet, I'll update again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tico Tecnoloco said...

You should stay away from Photoshop Kolid, it usually ruins pixel art

I kind of like the sprite, except the green outfit, the color hurts my eyes. You should use the RTP green tone (not the one in Actor 1)